As we have mentioned in the last post, we are writing about our drafting of Ideal CFD Training Course with OpenFOAM / Ansys Fluent and other related softwares. In our training wing, we are specifically focusing on OpenFOAM. Anyways, whatever may be the CFD tool, we know the knowledge of CFD is important to properly use any software tool.
You Can’t Force somebody to learn anything (whether it is CFD, OpenFOAM or merely alphabets 😀 )
And we know, it is very difficult to learn when the things are not linked properly. Hence, our idea for an Ideal CFD Training Course with OpenFOAM is to seamlessly include the the essentials and make a perfect recipe. Putting forward this strategy, we have designed the ideal course and the highlights are mentioned below.
- It should be a balanced course for a beginner in CFD Field
- The important prospect of this course, it allows the participant to built up their understanding in all the aspect to OpenFOAM as a general-purpose CFD Solver.
- More than half of the time will be devoted on hands-on sessions
We feel that this could be the perfect recipe for an Ideal CFD Training Course with OpenFOAM
Physics Involved and Code development Aspect
- Participants will solve some pre-defined cases as well as some of the newly developed cases like (physics involved):
- Potential Flow, Simple Flow cases, Heat Transfer including natural convection
- Turbulence Flows (RANS and LES Modeling)
- Moving Frame of reference (MRF), Volume of Fluid (VOF), Dynamic Mesh Movements (sliding Mesh)
- Fluid Structure Interaction (FSI) and Magnetohydrodynamics (MHD)
- Code Development aspect allow the students to walk through various pre-defined solvers like icoFoam, simpleFoam etc. It will also make through boundary conditions, utilities, and libraries.
- Hands-on experience on platform to the participant for implementing various boundary conditions, incorporating solar transport in existing solvers and library development for new physics
You can’t throw the same recipe for every one. Similarly, we have divided the overall course-concept into three parts. Hence, in total there are three options in this course:
- Inherit CFD Theory
- Comparative study of Fluent
This course is for the ones who are:
- New to OpenFOAM
- Have partial training in OpenFOAM
- Want to develop proficiency in CFD / OpenFOAM
- Want to simplify the use of OpenFOAM
- PG Student, Research Scholar, starting career in CFD, R&D person either in industry / lab etc.
Prerequisite for the course
One’s interest is the perquisite for learning any thing in the world. If you ignore this urge of taking interest, then the image below is you. 😀 😀
We designed this course for completion in 6 weeks
We tried to make the course structure as per the students feedback, there is always a scope of improvement. All the CFD training centers in the world have a long way to go.
the most important conclusion point from this blog is:
your interest is necessary for learning anything, any organization can only provide facilities and seamless learning platform.